- Can I join cheerleading if I have never done it before?
- Yes, of course! We will teach you everything you need to know about cheerleading including jumps, tumble, stunting and more. You do not need any experience. If you have gymnastics or dancing experience, you may be able to try out for a semi-elite or elite team!
- What do I wear to practices?
- If you are a beginner or recreational cheerleader, we recommend you wear sports gear and sports shoes to training, with hair tied back. No baggy or loose clothing and No jewellery. Cheerbrandz.com is our official cheerleading gear shop, and has lots of different gear avaliable including shorts, T-shirts, shoes, bags and accesories.
- Do I need the Elite Training Gear pack?
- If you are a part of an Elite or Semi-Elite team, you are required to purchase the Elite Training Gear pack - avaliable via the Cheerbrandz website. This pack includes two training bows, a crop top and spankies set, Malibu Sugar mesh top and All Star singlet. This training pack is compulsory for all elite cheerleaders, and highly encouraged for semi-elite cheerleaders as it makes you and your team look professional and represents your gym well.
- Do I need to buy the new uniform?
- Beginner and recreational classes do not have to buy the new uniforms. Semi-elite cheerleaders may not have to buy the new uniform as it is a transitional year and we will allow old uniforms to be worn at competition for this year only (2014). However, please check with your coach and gym manager, as they may advise for semi-elite cheerleaders to purchase the new uniform. Elite cheerleaders must purchase the new uniform for their team.
- Can I buy a second hand uniform instead of a new one?
- Some cheerleaders from beginner teams who have moved up into an elite team may be selling their old uniform - please see your Gym Manager for more information.
- Do I have to buy a uniform if I'm not participating in competitions?
- How do I know which uniform to buy?
- The Cheerbrandz website is very easy to follow when buying a uniform. Please click here to order your uniform. We have a number of teams and gyms around New Zealand so if you do not know which gym or team you are please ask your coach.
- How much does it cost?
- Uniforms vary depending on the design your gym has. They will vary from $190 or $215.
- Why does it take so long to get my uniform?
- Our uniforms are custom made and manufactured in China. They take 6-8 weeks as we place a bulk order for around 300 uniforms each time.
- How many competitions are there?
- If you are in recreational/ beginner or semi-elite team, you will be competing in 3 competitions per year;
Rock N Cheer Nationals
Cheer N Dance Rave Internationals
If you are in an elite team, you will be competing in more than 3 competitions per year. Please have a look at the Elite Handbook for what competitions your team will be competing in for the year
For dates of these competitions, please click here
- How much are the competitions?
Rock N Cheer Nationals - $65/cheerleader
Spring Carnival - $55/cheerleader
Cheer N Dance Rave Internationals - $65/cheerleader
- Do I have to compete?
- No, you do not have to compete but it is highly recommended. Please notify your coach as soon as possible if you are not able to compete in one of the competitions. Letting us know well in advance will help us run efficient and productive practices.
- Is there anything else my child needs for competition?
- Yes, your child will also need white soft soled shoes that lace up and white ankle socks. They will also need a competition bow to wear in their hair - this is arranged by the coach and is usually $10-$25. Closer to competition a comp ready note will come out with all details of competition including arrival time, performance time, what to do with hair, make up, etc.